17 Highbury Grange
0800 5300 137
Terms & Conditions of Business
1. Bookings: Bookings may be made by e-mail, via the 1 Emergency Response website, fax, letter or telephone. Telephone bookings must be confirmed in writing on request.
2. Payment: For companies (If you place a booking within 31 days of the start date of the course you will be required to pay at the time of booking).
If your booking is made more than 31 days before the course starts, you should pay in full 7 days prior to the course start date.
Payments can be made by are cheque, BACS or cash. Any payments received after 30 days will incur an admin fee of 10% which will be added to your original price.
2a. Payment: For individuals can be made on the day of the event before the program commences either by cash of cheque (accompanied with a valid cheque guarantee card).
3. Transfers: Should circumstances mean that you need to transfer to another 1 Emergency Response course then the following charges will apply dependent on notice given:
· More than four weeks prior to course start date - first transfer no charge;
· Two-four weeks notice given - 25% of course fee;
· Less than two weeks notice given - 50% of course fee.
NB. Free transfer applies to the first transfer only. Subsequent transfers incur a minimum charge 25% of the course fee, rising to 50%, dependant on notice as shown above. All transfers must be taken within a period of six months from the original course date.
4. Cancellations: Should circumstances mean that you have to cancel your course and are unable to transfer your booking to another date at the time of cancellation then the following charges will apply:
· Courses booked verbally, through the site or by phone - to pay 25% of total cost on
inital booking payable within 14 days from confirmation
· Two-four weeks prior to course - 50% of total course fee
· Less than two weeks prior to course - Full fee
All courses are subject to 20% VAT. Individual students are required to pay in full when booking. Terms & Conditions apply. ALL Confirmed bookings whether verbally, via the website or received by phone are reqiured to pay a 25% deposit at time of confirmation (booking) payments can be made by bank transfer, if paying by cheque your confirmation receipt will be sent out after 7 days, This deposit is non refundable if the client no longer requires a course. We also offer a free re-assessment should any candidate require this.
NB. Cancellation or transfer must be made in writing and received by 1 Emergency Response within 14 days of confirmed bookings.
5. On- site Courses: The room chosen for training should be large enough to accommodate the students attending the course - typically 10 to 12 people - with sufficient room for groups of students to practise practical aspects that involve kneeling or lying on the floor. Please note that for First aid at work courses governed by HSE regulations, the venue chosen must meet the standards required by the HSE. For Practical Fire Fighting Courses to be delivered onsite there needs to be adequate spacing outdoors away from parked cars and nearby buildings.
6. Course Timings & Attendance: Delegates must adhere to timings as stipulated by 1st Emergency Response.
7. Fitness: To attend Delegates placed on any of these courses must be free from ailments, conditions or injuries that will affect their ability to participate in practical aspects of this course.
8. Re-qualification courses: To be eligible to attend an HSE two day re-qualification course, students must present a valid First aid at work certificate issued by an HSE-approved provider which is ‘in date’ on the last day of the re-qualification course. (In date means the period within three months prior to the original certificate expiry date. The HSE allow a maximum of 28 days from the expiry date of the certificate to complete re-qualification training and assessment).
9. Right of Admission: 1st Emergency Response reserves the right to refuse admission to any delegate exhibiting unruly or anti –social behaviour to either its staff or other delegates. Any such incident will result in the immediate removal of the offending party.
10. Course Bookings/ Reservations: All bookings/ reservations are subject to the above standard terms and conditions.
11. Course Dates: All dates are provisional and subject to change.