Babysitters First-Aid Course
This fun and interactive 2 day course is designed for children aged 14 years and over who want to become a babysitter or may already be one.
The Babysitters First Aid course covers the responsibilities of a babysitter, safety tips for children of all ages, and what to do in case of an emergency. For many young adolescents, babysitting is their 'first job', this course helps gain confidence when 'looking after' young children.It also develops interpersonal skills& develops greater understanding of responsibility.
Any youngster who wishes to or has already started 'baby sitting' and would like to know what to do in an emergency situation.
What will they be taught:
The participant will be taught the basics of care if faced with an emergency situation, The main program will concentrate on choking, small wounds, CPR and what to do if faced with a fire emergency.
- When to call 999 or 112 from a mobile
- what's inside a first-aid box
- Choking and Breathing Emergencies
- Child and Infant CPR
- Bleeding and Small Wound Care
- Fire emergency
- Allergic reactions
- How to keep themselves safe on the way to, at and on the way home from babysitting.
- Safety tips for children of all ages
- What to do if anything makes the babysitter uncomfortable
- Some great games and other ideas for having fun with the child while babysitting
- How to deal with strangers inside and outside the home
Course also includes Childcare First-Aid Certification. The Childcare First-Aid course teaches young people how to handle emergencies with confidence by providing the basic first aid.
**This course is being offered at an introductory reduced rate.
2 sessions of 2 hours (over 2 days or one full day)
Assessment and Certification Process
Continuous Assessment by Trainer.